Lo and behold, the Killing Joke 2012 saga continues – now up to volume 8 (see bottom of the post for the other seven volumes) – with Jaz Coleman being found alive and kicking in the Western Sahara. All of this guff comes form Facebook, which seems th only way that Killing Joke communicate anymore.
To the relief of family and friends, Killing Joke Frontman Jaz Coleman appeared today from his retreat in the Western Sahara bemused by all the fuss of his disappearance. “I’ve been finishing my book and writing the score for my new project – (The Nirvana Symphonic) – (laughs), what’s all the fuss about then?”
Coleman had apparently been living a nomadic existence for the last month in the desert in order to concentrate on finishing his two current projects. Nirvana looks like becoming a TV show and a concert in Seattle in 2013 and the book and an exclusive Coleman album will be packaged together and available for order as early as next week.
International media picked up on the story last week, sending it global, from the press release announced by the band on the Killing Joke Official Facebook site questioning his whereabouts. Fans from around the world have been more than proactive in their opinions – from random sightings in Christchurch New Zealand, to past recollections of his elusive behaviors in Iceland.
Yet mystery still surrounds the message on Facebook regarding The Cult and The Mission Shows of which Coleman claims no knowledge. ‘Looks like this has caused a right ding dong and feel its impossible to continue this tour under the circumstances’. His comments were to wish both The Cult and The Mission the best of luck on the tour, and to find out who has been impersonating him.
Previously, in Killing Joke 2012…
- it started with the Cult, Mission & Killing Joke proposed stadium tour
- then the tour’s been downsized
- then the tour’s off, or at least Killing Joke are out, and KJ’s Facebook page gets nasty to Astbury!
- then there’s an exclusive gig at £200 per ticket… not received too well by the fans
- then there’s an apology about the FB stuff
- then no-one new anything the Facebook stuff about it and Jaz has disappeared
- then the Metropolis gig is cancelled