And I missed the Facebook post mentioned below, which has been deleted subsequently (if anyone knows, please let me know) but it seems to be after a heady combination of the Cult and cider (“An indie brewery names a cider after KJ and Mike does a label and a bunch of hate mail??? For what? Apples? Mike Coles? Indie Cider makers?”).
From Facebook, natch:
You know what, fuck it. We cancelled some shows for reasons that none of you know and can’t because it’s personal. We were first on, on The Cult tour and we couldn’t do it. Get over it and ask for your money back from the promoter or as we have said 3 times now keep your unused ticket and we will do something to make it up.
Sick of the barrage of negative shit up here Unlike and don’t come back if you hate us for cancelling 5 shows, seriously unlike and don’t come back.
An indie brewery names a cider after KJ and Mike does a label and a bunch of hate mail??? For what? Apples? Mike Coles? Indie Cider makers? Good grief there wasn’t even a link to buy the damn thing.
Enough now. Write bullshit get blocked and don’t come back. Grown men behaving like One Direction fans, and people we have known for years. One person wrote the 3 things we are allowed to post up here that are acceptable?????? Racist shit about Jaz too! because we pulled 5 opening slots for the Cult?!?! Lunacy.
Be pissed off, ask what we will do for those of you that no longer wish to go to ‘the Cult’s Choose Your Weapon Tour’ and don’t get refunded and keep you unused ticket. Write to us with personal situations such as transatlantic travel for show and let’s talk.
Don’t write, rude, racist, damn right insulting shit up here any more or we will delete you, and it like we have had to do since last night with some of the more idiotic crap.
Previously, in Killing Joke 2012…
- it started with the Cult, Mission & Killing Joke proposed stadium tour
- then the tour’s been downsized
- then the tour’s off, or at least Killing Joke are out, and KJ’s Facebook page gets nasty to Astbury!
- then there’s an exclusive gig at £200 per ticket… not received too well by the fans
- then there’s an apology about the FB stuff
- then no-one new anything the Facebook stuff about it and Jaz has disappeared
- then the Metropolis gig is cancelled
- then Jaz is found alive and well in the Sahara, natch
- then Killing Joke come out fighting!
- then the Cult give Killing Joke some breathing time… is the tour back on?
- then Killing Joke are definitely off the tour, refunds are available!
- then Killing Joke announce a Killing Joke Cider… honest!