Still stubbornly refusing to release any studio material, the Sisters of Mercy kick out on tour once more, announcing a European festival tour, closing with some dates in the UK.
The Sisters of Mercy continue to expand their summer touring plans, this week adding three more shows in the U.K. and Ireland onto the end of their growing itinerary, which already was hitting Europe for a 12-date run and now goes beyond what had appeared to be an isolated July appearance at the U.K.’s hard-rock/metal-themed Sonisphere festival.
The new dates include shows in Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin, and immediately follow the band’s appearance at Sonisphere, according to the Sisters’ official website.
The concerts will be the Sisters’ first performances since wrapping up 30th anniversary dates in the summer of 2012. Andrew Eldritch, Doktor Avalanche and whomever else constitute The Sisters of Mercy these days were fairly active in 2011 and 2012, playing a number of anniversary dates across Europe, Japan, Australia, South America and Mexico.
The Sisters of Mercy tour dates:
- May 12: Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany
- May 13: Schlachthof, Dresden, Germany
- May 14: Posthof, Linz, Austria
- May 16: Czyżynalia, Kraków, Poland
- May 17: Archa Theatre, Prague, Czech Republic
- May 18: Gasometer, Vienna, Austria
- May 20: TonHalle, Münich. Germany
- May 21: X-tra, Zürich, Switzerland
- May 22: Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, Belgium
- May 24: Rockhal, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- May 25: Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- May 26: Docks, Hamburg, Germany
- July 5: Sonisphere Festival, Knebworth Park, UK
- July 7: ABC, Glasgow, UK
- July 8: Mandela Hall, Belfast, UK
- July 9: Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland